This position is responsible for monitoring project costs on social research contracts and grants each with an award value of up to $500,000 and/or providing support to more experienced financial management staff on larger and more complex projects. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting department management or senior analysts in business development efforts including proposal budget development.
|DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
For more than 40 years, NORC has been committed to conducting high quality education research. Our growing department of Education and Child Development's research covers the full array of education-relevant populations, from pre-school children to the post-graduate doctorate holders. The scope of our education research methodologies is wide-ranging, as well – including primary data collection, analysis and reporting of existing data, transcript abstraction, classroom observations, qualitative analysis, and experimental and quasi-experimental designs.
• Create project accounts in accounting system and in agreement with project billing and reporting requirements.
• Monitor and reconcile project time and expenses.
• Review and approve project supply requests, check requests, cash advances, expense reports, and vendor invoices.
• Investigate and report on project variances to project management.
• Maintain monthly project budget forecast.
• Track and report on project funding, revenue and profitability to management.
• Manage project billing and monitor project receivables.
• Address client budget and billing inquires as needed.
• Create and submit periodic client financial reports.
• Assist project management with cost estimation for project budget modifications.
• Compile information for internal and external auditors upon request.
• Closeout project accounts at project completion.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a business related area; finance or accounting preferred.
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in project based account management highly desired.
• Ability to set priorities to meet all project and proposal needs in a timely fashion,; ability to work accurately and under time pressures, and ability to work with a moderate level of supervision.
• Arithmetic, mathematics, project management, detail orientation, and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel preferred.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
|WHAT WE DO:
||NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.