Field Interviewer - NCI-AD - West Region Rehires
Job no: 495226
Work type: Intermittent
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
Please apply ONLY if you have previous NORC experience.
NORC at the University of Chicago is currently seeking outgoing, persuasive Field Interviewers to collect and maintain data for The National Core Indicators-Aging and Disabilities (NCI-AD) project. This project is a national effort to assess publicly-funded state programs that provide long-term services and supports (LTSS) for older adults, individuals with physical disabilities and caregivers.
This will include an interviewer administered survey tool via an online data entry system application. Interviewing staff will also be responsible for scheduling interviews with respondents, entering pre-survey and background information prior to the interview, travelling to and from interview locations, collecting interview data after the interview, and completing an interviewer feedback sheet.
Interviewers must be able to work day time and weekend hours. Most interviews will take place weekdays beginning in the early morning and going through early evening. However, there may also be some weekend interviewing work involved. This is part-time, temporary work, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week. Actual hours worked will vary during the assignment.
Data collection will occur between June 17, 2019 through March 22, 2020.
Each assigned interviewer will attend an online training and webinar of the ODESA system on June 3, 2019.
- Interviewers are expected to follow the Basic Interviewing Techniques as described in their NORC Field Guide.
- Interviewers are expected to work productively and efficiently. Interviewers will be expected to complete approximately 150 interviews over the course of the field period.
- Assignments may vary based on the number of Respondents in specified locations. We attempt to cluster assignments geographically, but it may be necessary to travel longer distances in some situations. Interviewers must be willing to drive 50-100 miles or more, one way, to contact area respondents as needed.
- There is a weekly review process on this project. Cost, production goals, and data quality feedback will be set for each field interviewer according to case assignment.
- Validation of work and related activities will be completed by survey staff.
- Personal phone required.
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers.
- Ability to carry a laptop, survey documents, and supplies (up to 20lbs) and gain entry to sampled households.
- Attend in-person, paid training sessions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend