The Office of Business Development is seeking a Coordinator, Desktop Publishing for its Chicago Loop office. This position is responsible for serving as a lead in the document fulfillment area. A significant portion of activities will involve working on documents compliant with Section 508. The Desktop Publishing Coordinator will be expected to create compliant and timely formatting, production, and delivery of a wide variety of documents for an array of largely federal government clients. In addition, this position may have responsibilities across multiple, concurrent proposal projects, with shifting priorities and urgent requirements.
|DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Office of Business Development (OBD) identifies and disseminates key information regarding prospective clients and business opportunities. In addition, OBD staff support proposal preparation, maintain a proposal database, and coordinate proposal process improvements across all departments. Within OBD, the Desktop Publishing team designs and produces proposals as well as a variety of other print and digital collateral.
- Work closely with the assigned project or proposal lead and team to gather proposal response, format and compliance requirements
- Serve as a source of expertise concerning Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Compliance standards
- Educate project team members through email/meetings and outreach around Section 508 standards and the use of accessibility tools
- Tag and remediate training documents in Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office Suite for accessibility and compliance to Section 508
- Develop, modify, and maintain proposal and report document and presentation styles and templates using specific software packages
- Ensure the formatting and production of federal government solicitations are adhering to compliance and guidelines and deadlines
- Create the design and layout of corporate and project related materials such as reports, briefs, newsletters, posters, brochures, and other visual communications.
- Explain to clients what processes were used for remediation of documents to achieve compliance with Section 508
- Identify issues and recommending potential solutions and best practices from remediating accessibility violations within web-based training materials, e.g., video, interactive content
- Work closely with authors to incorporate text, tables and graphics into master proposal document template(s)
- Manage the document, text, tables and graphics flow during the proposal process
- Perform or assist in final document assembly and production
- Understand and follow established company proposal development processes
- Establish and maintain document version control for all proposal artifacts
- Prepare presentations to support business development and marketing initiatives
- Review customer proposal and report preparation requirements and ensure that requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in proposal/document production/desktop publishing experience in a federal government contracting environment with at least 3 years of experience working on Section 508 compliance and accessibility
- Knowledge of 508, WCAG 2.0, and HHS standards, compliance tools and testing procedures
- Knowledge of CommonLook Global PDF and Acrobat DC
- Experience using screen reader software, e.g. JAWS
- Experience with testing and remediating all types of files, such as Microsoft Office files and PDF's
- Strong communicator and ability to work with teams
- Experience with working with government entities
- Strong attention to detail
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.