NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to join the Health Care Research Department in our Sacramento, CA satellite office. The Health Care Research team conducts work on a variety of health policy topics including health information technology, access to health care and the uninsured, health care expenditures, the Medi-Cal/Medicare program, and public health. NORC’s health communication research practice offers a full range of research, planning and, evaluation services to clients. Communication researchers specialize in formative research including media/environmental scans; social media listening and analysis; audience descriptive and segmentation studies; concept development research; message and materials testing; and web usability research. They also specialize in the development of evidence-based communication strategies and plans as well as campaign measurement, evaluation and effectiveness studies. The group is highly experienced in the design and evaluation of advertising and earned media campaigns as well as those that entail social mobilization, materials distribution and other elements.
|DEPARTMENT: Health Care/Health Communication Practice
NORC’s health communication research practice conducts a variety of formative and evaluation projects in California and nationally— We are seeking a new team member to assist in support and management of projects focusing on health equity, social determinants of health, mental health, insurance marketplaces, and healthy children and families. Projects range from qualitative focus group series to large quantitative national multi-mode surveys.
NORC’s Health Care staff work closely with colleagues in Health Sciences and Public Health to offer program, policy, and research solutions. Our work is guided by a commitment to long-lasting partnerships, transparency, and high-quality, nonpartisan research that improves health and health care for all people.
- Taking the lead on key tasks related to research design, data collection and analysis while helping the project manager keep tasks on track
- Developing instrumentation for quantitative or qualitative data collection
- Planning and conducting a wide range of data collection activities including vendor management
- Analyzing data
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Play a key role in management, coordination, writing and budgeting tasks related to proposals and business development.
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters' degree strongly preferred in Health Policy, Public Health, or other related field.
- Minimum three (3) years' research experience which should include playing a lead role in managing and driving tasks, using and designing qualitative data collection tools including key informant interviews, online surveys and focus groups.
- Strong analytic ability, writing and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work in fast paced, multi-tasking environment across multiple projects.
- Quantitative analysis experience including working knowledge of SAS, R (or other statistical data analysis packages) strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Occasional travel for interviewing, focus groups and meetings may be required.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.