AmeriSpeak is a fast- growing, fast-paced, innovative, probability-based panel housed within NORC at the University of Chicago, a world leader in research excellence. The Client Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of project management for client research projects within AmeriSpeak. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with clients on important and cutting-edge survey research. You will be leading and executing surveys focused on a wide variety of topics that impact our world today. In this position, you will work with a multidisciplinary, cross-functional team including researchers, statisticians, programmers, telephone center staff, and subject matter experts throughout NORC. You will be a hands-on project manager with the potential to have a real impact on client business outcomes.
The Client Services Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are meeting client expectations for quality, timelines, and deliverables. You will be responsible for overseeing AmeriSpeak projects from beginning to end, by supervising Client Service Analysts and by taking the lead in coordinating with other internal teams to execute AmeriSpeak studies. Based on your in-depth knowledge of survey research, the Client Services Manager is expected to offer clients recommendations based on the capabilities of the panel, including survey and questionnaire design.
The Client Services Manager works closely with the business development team to transition to the execution phase of the study, with primary responsibility for all issues related to project schedule, quality of research, quality of deliverables, and budget. The Manager is also responsible for problem-solving with clients, working effectively to anticipate any issues and design solutions to deliver the project on schedule and on budget.
AmeriSpeak is housed within NORC’s Business Ventures and Innovation (BVI) group. This diverse team is dedicated to NORC’s future in the context of accelerating change within the social science research industry. We are focused on evolutionary yet bold changes that will build upon and expand our traditional strengths to ensure a future of increased relevance, deeper impact, and long-term sustainability. AmeriSpeak, a primary example of innovation, delivers quality typical of more traditional scientific survey methods, with the affordability and speed of online surveys. See www.AmeriSpeak.NORC.org for more information.
• Responsible for all aspects of project management in executing AmeriSpeak projects, from beginning to end. This includes preparing client questionnaires for programming; overseeing quality control testing of programmed questionnaires; managing change requests from clients; conducting pretest surveys; managing sample quotas; providing feedback to the client on sample and questionnaire performance; preparing survey data files, codebooks, and field report documentation; monitoring project budgets and costs; inspecting and assuring quality of deliverables; and completing all work on schedule.
• Develops effective working relationships with clients and ensures that client expectations of quality, timelines, and deliverables are met or exceeded.
• Provides value-added insights to the client in the areas of questionnaire design, data collection methodology, panel data, and analysis and reporting.
• Supervises Client Services Analysts, including assigning and reviewing their work products, developing their skill set, and coaching and training.
• Coordinates with multidisciplinary, internal teams—such as AmeriSpeak business development, statistics/methodology, researchers, programming, telephone centers, and subject matter experts—to execute AmeriSpeak studies.
• Trains and on-boards new hires in AmeriSpeak processes and procedures for Client Services positions.
• Works closely and successfully with a team of Client Services Managers to improve coordination of projects, to enhance processes and procedures, and to help make Client Services an effective and efficient team.
• Works with and supports researchers and subject matter experts throughout NORC on projects and issues related to AmeriSpeak.
• Supports business development workflow for proposal development, pricing, and contracting support for all web survey projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree in a social science area is strongly preferred.
• At least 4 years of survey research experience required, with a minimum 1 year of client management experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience managing and mentoring staff required.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles, processes, and methodologies of survey research.
• Quantitative analysis skills and proficiency with data management and statistical analysis in SPSS and/or SAS.
• Well-developed problem-solving skills, time management, personal organization, and attention to detail.
• Advanced ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, identify and mitigate project risks, and work effectively with team members, other NORC departments, stakeholders, and internal/external clients.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of general office procedures, technology, and equipment.
• Microsoft Office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with online survey or CATI software is preferred.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
|A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE:
As one of the oldest not-for-profit, academic research organizations in the United States, and through its affiliation with the University of Chicago, NORC maintains the highest standard of professional excellence and scientific rigor, and is committed to broad dissemination of its findings.
|A PASSION FOR INNOVATION:
NORC’s subject matter experts and survey professionals develop and employ innovative study designs, research methods, and technical applications to derive meaningful and accurate results.
| A COMMITMENT TO COLLEGIALITY:
NORC cultivates an interdisciplinary culture of achievement in which senior investigators from diverse fields and professional backgrounds collaborate with the next generation of researchers in an open, collegial environment.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.