NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Contracts Administrator in our Chicago office. This position is responsible for serving NORC senior staff, particularly Research Department Heads, in the development, negotiation, and administration of smaller, basic contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders, to include modifications and closeouts of contracts. In addition, this position will work closely with senior contract staff to advise on and monitor issues related to oversight, control, and compliance with government accounting and financial management requirements, familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), OMB Uniform Guidance, as well as federal and commercial reporting requirements is required.
While our main office locations are in Chicago, IL and Bethesda, MD, we will consider qualified candidates who prefer to work remotely.
|DEPARTMENT: CONTRACTS & GRANTS
The NORC Contracts and Grants department serves both internal NORC departments and external partners. Staff members work hard to stay current with changing federal regulations through ongoing training and are responsible for federal compliance and reporting.
Works closely with senior contract staff to:
- Prepare financial support documentation and administrative sections of proposals for smaller, less complex projects
- Negotiates and administers prime and sub-contracts
- Maintains official contractual communications between NORC and its clients
- Reviews financial status of contracts and resolve billing issues
- Advises research department heads and project managers in contractual issues
- Assists in organizational audits, when necessary
- Assures contract compliance company-wide
- Troubleshoots and resolves specific contract issues with guidance from senior contract staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years' contract administration experience
- Knowledge of Federal regulations, government cost accounting standards and federal regulations; strong familiarity with the full range of types; e.g. FFP, CPFF, CPAF, Time and Material and federal and commercial awards
- Ability to work with oversight while drawing upon knowledge of FAR, OMB Uniform Guidance, agency or client regulations, contract law, accounting standards and principles to successfully develop proper response and position
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including superior writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling competing demands for time and resources
- Deltek Costpoint experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.