NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Systems Administrator to provide technical leadership and project oversight for corporate and project imagining using SCCM including Support, design, deployment, and tuning of our windows environment. This role will be a key member of all ongoing field research projects and work with research project teams to provide best in class service delivery and provide technical leadership and guidance to our service desk team. This position will be responsible for implementation of software installs, upgrades, and control across the environment. This role will be looked upon to provide high-level problem management and technical support.
The primary goal of Technology Support Services (TSS) is to provide a central point of contact for customers who need technical assistance. The HelpDesk’s mission is to reduce downtime across the enterprise by facilitating in the coordination of support for the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact on the customer within agreed service levels and business priorities.
• Works with non-technical business owners to understand needs and develops a technical solution
• Design, package and deploy corporate Windows images across the enterprise, including restrictive security requirements
• Manage patch updates for corporate computers across the enterprise using SCCM
• Manage application packaging and deployment
• Administer encryption software for all corporate computers
• Administer and manage group policy for client machines
• Use SCCM to push software updates, advertise software to client machines, and audit software to ensure license compliance.
- Advanced experience with personal computer, multiple operating systems, and proven understanding of enterprise desktop administration. Expected to have expert level knowledge of Windows Operating system. Proven aptitude with automated desktop management, security, and control
- Development and Scripting Experience (PowerShell, VB Script, WMI, Batch Files)
- Must have working knowledge of SCCM 2012 administration
- Working knowledge of Win7, Win10, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Experience with Issue investigation and deep root cause analysis
- Understanding and experience with Advertisements/Collections/Packages/etc. within said products
- Strong customer service experience interfacing with non-technical clients
Preferred Skills KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field of expertise. Associate degree with proven experience will be considered
- Ability to listen for understanding, within the proper context, of the needs of end users
- Ability to work with a team of diverse expertise and skill levels
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to clearly present thoughts/ideas, justify their implementation, and manage the ensuing projects
- Big Picture Thinking: Ability to relate day-to-day work to the strategic goals of the business.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
|A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE:
As one of the oldest not-for-profit, academic research organizations in the United States, and through its affiliation with the University of Chicago, NORC maintains the highest standard of professional excellence and scientific rigor, and is committed to broad dissemination of its findings.
|A PASSION FOR INNOVATION:
NORC’s subject matter experts and survey professionals develop and employ innovative study designs, research methods, and technical applications to derive meaningful and accurate results.
| A COMMITMENT TO COLLEGIALITY:
NORC cultivates an interdisciplinary culture of achievement in which senior investigators from diverse fields and professional backgrounds collaborate with the next generation of researchers in an open, collegial environment.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.