Field Interviewer - SEEDS - West Region Rehires
Job no: 495364
Work type: Intermittent
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
Please apply only if you have previous NORC experience.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? NORC’s field interviewer opportunity offers a flexible role where you will engage with all types of people in the area to collect data and information about various highly relevant social and health related topics that inform public opinion. Our field interviewers play close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload with a great amount of autonomy, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Conduct in person assessments of vocabulary and letter names and sounds and Head, Toes, Knees and Shoulders assessments of preschool aged children in Oakland and San Jose, California.
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. Training will take place by telephone conference, on September 25-26, 2019.
- Report back to field managers regularly with thorough and detailed data (note: NORC will outline data quality expectations in training)
- Each interviewer is expected to meet or exceed data quality targets.
- Work is part-time and temporary, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week
- Interviewers will need to be available to work daytime hours (~7am to 5 pm) Monday through Friday.
- Data collection will begin immediately upon completion of training and continue for approximately four weeks.
- Actual hours worked will vary during the assignment.
- An opportunity to work on an important, national research project.
- Temporary employment with hourly pay, and retirement benefits, subject to eligibility.
- Field interviewers get to work on a project that will affect government policy and meet interesting people while conducting the in-person interviews on an important topic.
- Paid training.
To see all of the benefits, including retirement savings and a limited health plan, click here.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers).
- Ability to carry a tablet, survey documents, and supplies.
- Attend paid training sessions.
- Have a working home phone number.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.
Los Angeles Applicants: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend