Tech Support Specialist
Job no: 495386
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Infrastructure
This position is responsible for providing basic desk side technical support (including answering user PC and software questions and providing resolution to issues), maintaining a log through data entry, and prioritizing questions into a call tracking system.
|DEPARTMENT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NORC's Information Technology program provides technology services to our staff and clients. Given the critical role technology plays in our day-to-day lives, we are committed to providing professional, high-quality solutions in order to further our collective goal of advancing social science research.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and requests for technical support
- Provide feedback to supervisor on unusual matters and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
- Rely on standard procedures to resolve questions and escalate more complex issues to more experienced tech support specialists
- Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure timely resolution
- Develop competence by performing structured work assignments
- Handle most basic requests with significant oversight from supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Some familiarity with Intel-based computers running Windows
- Ability to follow established trouble-shooting procedures
- Good customer interaction and communication skills
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend