The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for working with other members of the Accounting Team; processing employee's expense reports, processing invoices, processing check run disbursement, remitting payments, resolving internal and external employees/vendor inquiries, monitoring monthly travel report and maintaining accounting files.
The Finance and Accounting departments contribute to NORC’s financial success by supporting the research departments with skill and integrity. The Accounting department navigates complex government regulatory and accounting environments while ensuring that the day-to-day operations of NORC’s financial matters are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Process vendor invoices via Costpoint
- Process expense reimbursements and cash advances via Concur
- Process expense reports related AMEX Cardholders
- Understand travel policies and federal travel regulations
- Communicate travel policies to employees
- Resolve expense reimbursement problems
- Creates Excel spreadsheets
- Process vendor payments
- Identify and resolve invoice coding and authorization issues
- Perform general account reconciliations and analysis
- Process checks for disbursement
- Handle employee and vendor inquiries
- Maintain accounting files
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma Required; College degree preferred
- Must have at least 2 years' of general accounting work experience; 5+ years' preferred
- Must have understanding of general accounting principles and processes
- Must have experience with: account reconciliation, strong problem solving, time management, strong computer competencies, accurate keying, detail orientation skills. Abilities required: Ability to organize and prioritize work, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, ability to automate work processes, ability to create spreadsheets, ability to work accurately under deadline pressure, ability to work under moderate supervision using established guidelines and procedures
- We are seeking a high caliber employee who has experience with Concur (Preferred), Excel (Required), AMEX Cardholder Program (Preferred), Costpoint (Preferred)
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.