NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Sr. Manager for our Behavioral and Economic Analysis & Decision-making (BEAD) team to assist with managing projects focused on consumer behavior and decision science business at NORC. The ideal candidate will have strong data analysis, writing and project management skills and a track record of working successfully both independently and as part of a team. The Sr. Manager will work collaboratively with colleagues throughout NORC to identify opportunities to bring high-quality research and analytics to new audiences. The Sr. Manager will also lead teams to execute projects using rigorous methods and objective analysis to solve important business and policy challenges.
|DEPARTMENT: BEHAVIORAL AND ECONOMIC ANALYSIS AND DECISION-MAKING
The Behavioral and Economic Analysis and Decision-Making (BEAD) team at NORC provides clients with actionable insights on critical policy and business issues. Applying rigorous, state-of-the-art methods from the fields of consumer behavior, judgment and decision-making, behavioral finance, household economics, cognitive science, experimental methods, and statistical analysis, BEAD obtains fact-based empirical evidence and distills the results into comprehensive, understandable, and usable reports and recommendations.
• Lead specific tasks on mid and large-size client projects, relying on sophisticated research and analytic methods to produce superior quality work products.
• Support the development and design of survey and qualitative data collection projects collaboratively with clients.
• Maintain project timelines and budgets, ensuring work products are delivered on time and within budget.
• Engage clients to build long-term relationships, ensure high satisfaction, and produce effective deliverables for their specific needs.
• Support a full range of business development activities, including proposal writing and budgeting for both government and commercial clients.
• Advance the strategic thinking of the team by identifying market needs, brainstorming new service or product offerings, and developing collateral.
• Serve as an emerging expert and cross-department resource on specific topics related to consumer behavior and decision science.
• Assume supervisory responsibility (as needed) for junior-level staff to help shape their professional development and success at NORC.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s (MBA, MPP, MPH, JD) preferred.
• At least 6 years’ experience in relevant field such as public policy, consulting, data analytics, or market research. Experience working in consulting for financial and marketing sectors, such as financial institutions, insurers, marketing or advertising agency and/or government.
• At least 2 years’ experience managing research projects.
• At least 2 years’ experience managing and mentoring staff.
• Strong foundation in qualitative research (focus groups, cognitive interviews), quantitative methods (survey methodology, analytics), consulting, and/or client services. Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis software (R or SAS preferred).
• Superior consulting skills, including well-developed problem solving skills, data analysis, time management, personal organization, attention to detail, and presentation skills.
• Advanced ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with agility and work effectively with multiple departments, stakeholders and internal/external clients. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in project teams.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office software.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.