NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to join its Health Care Evaluation Research Department in our Bethesda, MD office.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This person must be flexible, well organized and pay careful attention to detail. He/she should enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a leadership team in a rapidly evolving research landscape that is often fast-paced. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner, sometimes working under pressure. Also critical is the ability to be resourceful and efficient, while exhibiting a high degree of professionalism. He/she will also need to quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary and proactively address administrative issues and needs.
NORC is seeking a candidate who wants to come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking, and quality work products.
|DEPARTMENT: Health Care Evaluation
NORC’s expert staff has extensive knowledge of all aspects of health care delivery, from private Marketplaces and employer-sponsored insurance to Medicare and Medicaid; from large health care systems to small clinics; and from the needs of children to those of older adults, people with disabilities, and ethnic and racial minorities. Our team includes social scientists and policy experts that acquire, collect, and analyze data from health care organizations and patients; evaluators; health services researchers; health-policy analysts; and professionals with first-hand experience running and supporting health care programs at all levels. Our health care team offers expertise in acquiring and analyzing health care claims data and national health-related survey datasets. To help sponsors better understand a range of health policy issues, we also regularly conduct environmental scans involving semi-structured interviews, focus groups, expert panels, and site visits. We also regularly conduct regulatory, policy, and program analysis that supports improvements in the administrative or operational aspects of health care programs run by our clients.
NORC’s Health Care staff work closely with colleagues in Health Sciences and Public Health to offer program, policy, and research solutions. Our work is guided by a commitment to long-lasting partnerships, transparency, and high-quality, nonpartisan research that improves health and health care for all people.
- Coordinate complex scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare for business meetings, events, luncheons, and dinners involving both internal staff and external clients/partners including scheduling, material preparation, and logistics/technology needs (video conferencing, presentations, Web Ex, etc.)
- Develop and design improved administrative procedures to promote the timely processing and submission of all administrative deliverables
- Prepare and/or integrate information needed to compose both routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to support and facilitate the collaborative team environment
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Attend meetings with the purpose of taking minutes
- Greet visiting clients, guests, and employees
- Independently perform varied administrative duties
- Interface internally with executives and senior management and outwardly with clients, Trustees, and other executives.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience providing administrative support in a team environment required; Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years administrative support experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating multiple projects at one time
- Intermediate or better level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Polished demeanor and comfort working with staff at all levels in the organization, especially senior and executive level staff
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining document management systems including using Share Point
- Excellent communication skills, including solid writing and basic proofreading ability
- Interest and ability to work on a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative to problem-solve and make decisions
- A strong focus on detail, accuracy, and work quality with the ability to take on full ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to work effectively and productively with little direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Discretion in handling sensitive and/or confidential material.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.