NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a detail oriented Senior Administrative Assistant to support its Public Health Research Department in our Bethesda, MD office.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This person must be flexible, well organized and pay careful attention to detail. He/she should enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a leadership team in a rapidly evolving research landscape that is often fast-paced. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner, sometimes working under pressure. Also critical is the ability to be resourceful and efficient, while exhibiting a high degree of professionalism. He/she will also need to quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary and proactively address administrative issues and needs.
NORC is seeking a candidate who wants to come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking, and quality work products.
|DEPARTMENT: Public Health
The Public Health Research team conducts work on a variety of public health topics including chronic disease prevention and health promotion, rural health, health disparities, health care delivery, and social determinants of health. Our team includes prominent health policy experts, nationally recognized public health researchers with general and specialized expertise in areas such as rural health and tribal issues, skilled methodologists, and leaders in the field of survey design and implementation. Our staff also brings expertise in populations of special interest and the intersection of public health and health care delivery. We offer broad, multidisciplinary experiences spanning public health, epidemiology, statistics, policy, developmental psychology, economics, sociology, social work, and political science.
- Serve as Senior Administrative Assistant for the department with responsibility for ensuring assigned tasks and projects are completed on a timely basis and projects are managed and completed to meet the expectations of department management
- Coordinate scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare for business meetings, events, luncheons, and dinners involving both internal staff and external clients/partners including scheduling, material preparation, and logistics/technology needs (video conferencing, presentations, Web Ex, etc.)
- Develop and design improved administrative procedures to promote the timely processing and submission of all administrative deliverables
- Prepare and/or integrate information needed to compose both routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to support and facilitate the collaborative team environment
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Attend meetings with the purpose of taking minutes
- Greet visiting clients, guests, and employees
- Independently perform varied administrative duties
- Interface internally with executives and senior management and outwardly with clients, Trustees, and other executives
- In addition, this position will provide some on-site support to the Office of the President when the President is in the Bethesda office.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years supporting senior management
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating multiple projects at one time; willingness and ability to be flexible
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Polished demeanor and comfort working with staff at all levels in the organization
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining document management systems including using Share Point
- Excellent communication skills, including stellar interpersonal skills and basic writing skills
- A strong focus on detail, accuracy, and work quality with the ability to take full ownership of assigned tasks
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive and/or confidential material
- Interest and ability to work on a team in a highly collaborative environment, while also being comfortable working independently with little direct supervision.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.