NORC at the University of Chicago actively seeks a Research Analyst to support quantitative project work in the International Programs Department (INPRO). This position will be based in our Bethesda, MD office.
|DEPARTMENT: International Programs
INPRO was established in 2005, and works on impact and performance evaluations, surveys, and qualitative data collection, among other research activities throughout the developing world. Our research covers a range of sectors including education and training, child and youth well-being, democracy and governance, agriculture, water and sanitation, infrastructure, housing, finance, and health. Since its establishment INPRO has implemented projects in more than 70 countries throughout the world.
- Provide support to senior level technical staff in designing and implementing evaluation projects and data collection and analysis activities.
- Coordinate project activities and events, including setting up meetings and conference calls and liaising with consultants and local data collection firms
- Support the design of survey instruments and training materials, coordination of and assistance to interviewer training activities, and sample design and selection.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Undertake data quality reviews of survey data with detailed documentation of results, and analysis of primary and secondary data (quantitative and qualitative) including preparation of reports, memos, and tables/graphs of findings.
- Assist with business development, supporting all aspects of proposal efforts
- The position will require occasional international travel for 2 weeks at a time and offers an opportunity to gain first-hand management and field experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in social sciences. Training in Economics or Statistics is a plus. Degrees in other subjects may be considered, if other relevant skills apply
- 1-2 years of research experience in economics, education, public policy or related fields
- Experience working with large datasets, conducting data quality review and data analysis and/or strong qualitative research skills
- Strong command of statistical packages, such as SPSS and STATA and/or qualitative software packages such as NVivo
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, including Excel
- Strong analytic and report writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and critical reasoning skills
- French or Spanish language skills preferred
- Experience working/studying in developing countries preferred.
- International experience a plus
- The position will require occasional international travel for 2 weeks at a time.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.