Graduate Research Assistant - Academic Research Centers
Job no: 495461
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Chicago – Hyde Park, University of Chicago Campus, IL
Capability Area: Academic Research Centers
NORC at the University of Chicago is currently seeking qualified Graduate Research Assistants to support research efforts in our Hyde Park, IL offices. The Graduate Research Assistant will support a project examining migration at the US-Mexico border in the short-term, with potential to support additional NORC projects thereafter.
|DEPARTMENT: ACADEMIC RESEARCH CENTERS
The Academic Research Centers (ARC) is a community of researchers and programs covering a variety of substantive domains and exemplifying NORC’s commitment to the highest standards of academic excellence and research innovation. The ARC brings substantive expertise and collaborative infrastructure to theoretically driven and multimodal research. The ARC collaborates with multi-disciplinary research from the University of Chicago and other research institutions by collecting, analyzing, and disseminating data; providing methodological and statistical expertise; and facilitating pre- and post-award management. ARC’s research staff works jointly with social scientists, physicians, and other experts in an open, cooperative working environment.
- Literature reviews
- Statistical analysis of primary and secondary data, including data coding and cleaning
- Preparation of memos, tables and graphs based on findings
- Administrative tasks
- Must be currently enrolled in a Social Science Undergraduate or Graduate program at the University of Chicago
- Must be able to work 10-15 hours per week during academic years; possibility exists for increased hours during term and summer breaks
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, critical reasoning, analytic, and writing skills
- Must have experience with data analysis (e.g., Excel, SPSS, SAS); experience with qualitative data analysis a plus
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving capability
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in project teams
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software is expected
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend