Field Interviewer - Denver (Colorado) Preschool Project
Job no: 495495
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Denver, CO
Capability Area: Field
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? NORC’s field interviewer opportunity working on the Denver Preschool Project (DPP) offers a flexible role where you will engage in a structured school setting with preschool age children. Our field interviewers pay close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload with a great amount of autonomy, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Interviewers on the Denver Preschool Project will play a role in conducting vocabulary, early literacy and math assessments with preschool age children.
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. In-person training will take place March 9-11, 2020 in Denver. We’ll pay to get you to the trainings!
- Work collaboratively with school staff and students within Denver preschools to coordinate scheduling and interviewing of the students who will be assessed.
- Report back to field managers regularly with thorough and detailed data (note: NORC will outline data quality expectations in training).
|TIMING AND HOURS:
- Work is part-time and temporary, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week.
- Interviewers will need to be available during general school weekday daytime hours between 7am and 5pm.
- Data collection will last from March 2020 through early June 2020.
- Actual hours worked will vary during the assignment.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions may be made for applicants from major urban centers.
- Each interviewer is expected to meet or exceed data quality targets.
- Ability to carry survey documents and supplies.
- Have a working phone number.
- B.A. or higher, in early childhood education, psychology, education, social work, or a closely related field, preferred.
- Proof of negative TB test will be required upon hire.
- Individuals who are bilingual in English and Spanish are especially encouraged to apply.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend