NORC is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager for our Advanced Solutions Data Group. The Senior IT Project Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President, will have ownership for managing all aspects of multifaceted projects inclusive of ensuring adherence to scope and scale and delivered on-time, within budget, and at the highest level of quality. The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for complex internal strategic projects overseeing the integration, build, and acceptance testing of infrastructure, data architecture, and software solutions aimed at continuing to expand the current capabilities and grow into supporting different research groups. Successful candidates for this role will exemplify key characteristics of best in class project management with an emphasis on effective communication, collaboration with technical and non-technical teams, risk management and mitigation, and serve as key point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders. Candidates must be able to successfully resolve conflict, leverage experience and expertise to set project direction, and demonstrate the ability to operate with limited information and ambiguity.
|DEPARTMENT: ADVANCED DATA SOLUTION CENTER
The Advanced Data Solutions Center (ADS Center) comprises NORC’s growing array of data management, computational science, and informatics solutions. The ADS Center evolved out of the dynamic growth of the NORC Data Enclave®, an industry-defining platform for secure remote data access services, and supports large-scale, enterprise-wide, big data initiatives.
Increasingly, ADS Center’s services and solutions will be built on NORC’s new hybrid cloud model, which combines “on-premises” and “in-the-cloud” infrastructure and services model that maximizes NORC’s data and systems security posture while enhancing the scalability of our computing resources and our ability to deliver end-to-end custom processes and products for our clients.
- Management of multiple Data Enclave implementations or software development projects
- Author/facilitate project documentation and work plans
- Prepare and/or ensure high quality, professional deliverables as required
- Develop status reports, monitor and communicate project health to internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate meetings, including documenting meeting notes and tracking action items to completion
- Serve as a project management liaison between local and remote resources through effective communication practices.
- Facilitate and track user access/permissions for various technical applications and environments.
- Manage and clearly communicate project scope and requirements
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues
- Proactively manage deliverables and change management activities and facilitate stakeholder decision making when necessary
- Ensuring completion of necessary project close documentation including lessons learned, knowledge base, and final project deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional technical and non-technical teams for technology projects including, but not limited to: Data Enclave on Premise and on Cloud, product and software development for health care clients, federal or state agencies, or commercial entities.
- Participate in business development efforts, including contributing to proposals and interacting with potential customers and partners
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or other related field
- Strong project management skills and experience demonstrated preferably with a large private or public organization
- 10+ years of overall experience 5 + years project management experience
- Exhibits strong organizational management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Strong business and technical acumen with the ability to effectively relate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and business requirements to technical teams
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently exceeding expectations
- Occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, and evening/weekend hours to meet deadlines
- Qualified candidates must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and maintain high quality of work products with little supervision
- Master's Degree in: Public Health, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Agile Project Management and Scrum certification
- Healthcare IT or healthcare industry experience
- Sales and marketing knowledge
- Health Care Insurance, Data Security background
- Working knowledge of: healthcare industry, healthcare IT, APCD projects, health care cost transparency, health information exchange (HIE), electronic medical records (EMR), population health, software development, software architecture, HIPPA, HITRUST and other Security Compliance.
- This position may include access to protected health information (PHI) and confidential information.
The successful candidate will be required to complete training and must handle all PHI appropriately according to NORC policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.