Field Interviewer - GSS/Amerispeak - Dooly County, GA
Job no: 495583
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Dooly County, GA
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? This NORC field interviewer opportunity offers a flexible role where you will engage with all types of people in the area to collect data and information about social trends and attitudes and how they change over time. Our field interviewers pay close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload with a great amount of autonomy, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Interviewers will play a role in gathering data that helps to monitor and explain trends and constants in attitudes and behaviors in American society over time.
- Interviewers will attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. In-person and remote trainings will take place in the last half of March 2020. We’ll pay to get you to the trainings if you are selected to participate in one of the in-person trainings!
- Interviewers will make initial contact with respondents in a productive and efficient manner, documenting the information and activity in NORC’s system in a consistent and professional manner.
- Interviewers will report back to field managers regularly with thorough and detailed data (note: NORC will outline data quality expectations in training).
- Each interviewer is expected to meet or exceed data quality targets.
|TIMING AND HOURS:
- Work is part-time and temporary, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week.
- Interviewers will work primarily during evenings and on weekends and will work 3-5 days per week, including one weekend day. On the days interviewers work, the most effective interviewers devote 4-6 hours per shift to canvassing homes and interviewing.
- Data collection will last from April 2020 through August 2020.
- Actual hours worked will vary during the assignment.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions may be made for applicants from major urban centers).
- Ability to carry a laptop, survey documents, and supplies.
- Have a working home phone number.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend