NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a senior manager for our Health Care Strategy team. The senior manager will lead consulting, research, and data analytics projects for health care clients, including plans, providers, disease groups, and foundations. Such projects will generate insights and quantitative information to inform clients’ business strategy, policy positioning, and external thought leadership.
Ideal candidates will have strong subject matter and technical expertise in 2-3 specific areas as well as a broad understanding of health care coverage, delivery, and access. The senior manager will be expected to follow current events, policy and market trends, and new research to continually advance this expertise.
The senior manager will be responsible for leading project teams by overseeing junior staff and directing work with limited oversight from senior staff. Candidates should poses strong project management skills, achieve high client satisfaction, produce superior quality deliverables, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and manage projects within their designated budgets. The senior manager will also act as the point of contact for clients and will be responsible for understanding clients’ goals, priorities, and preferences. The senior manager will also contribute to business development by drafting proposals, building budgets, and brainstorming future opportunities for growth.
|DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS VENTURES AND INNOVATION
The Business Ventures and Innovation unit (BVI) brings together NORC Labs, Business Development, BVI Services, and AmeriSpeak to launch new ventures and drive revenue growth. BVI is a startup within a well-established research organization, propelling innovation across the company and positioning NORC to grow and evolve strategically in the future. BVI leads NORC in its diversification strategy, working mostly outside of federal government contracts. BVI can be best described as a fast-paced, professional services/consulting environment.
- Strong subject matter or technical expertise in 2-3 priority areas for BVI Services. Works closely with Health Care Strategy leadership to continue broadening and deepening this expertise
- Leads small and mid-size projects with limited oversight from senior staff. Ensures projects align with established timelines and budgets. Oversees mid and junior level staff working on projects. Elevates problems and seeks help from senior staff appropriately
- Acts as a resource and main point of contact for clients during project work. Communicates effectively with clients verbally and in writing. Understands client needs and tailors deliverables to address those needs
- Drafts proposals and budgets once project scope and objectives are clear. Discusses future project opportunities or add-on tasks with clients when opportunities arise. Suggests new projects and services to Health Care Strategy leadership
- May act as a supervisor for associate-level staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience in relevant field such as policy, consulting, data analytics, or product development
- Strong knowledge of the process for identifying customer needs and defining products and services to fulfill those needs
- Superior consulting skills. Well-developed problem solving skills, data analysis, time management, personal organization, attention to detail, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with agility and work effectively with multiple departments, stakeholders and internal/external clients. Ability to successfully influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of general office procedures, technology and equipment
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) at all levels. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and report writing for client deliverables for projects low, medium complexity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.