NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a creative, energetic, and driven Senior Project Coordinator to join the NORC Labs team and to help drive our most important innovation programs. NORC Labs has the mission of innovating across NORC’s diverse offerings, operating as a fast-moving start-up nested within one of the world’s most trusted research institutions. NORC Labs utilizes the best ideas from NORC’s research and technology experts combined with a deep understanding of client needs and market trends to develop and incubate the most effective client solutions. The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced and varied workday, and should have a passion for entrepreneurship, research innovation, project management, and communications.
This position will report to the Director of NORC Labs and work closely with the Business Ventures and Innovation department (BVI), Communications, and the Office of Business Development. The Senior Project Coordinator is tasked with overseeing NORC’s key innovation projects such as corporate investment programs, as well as the Venture Fund, Incubator programs, Innovation Days, and other solution development projects.
Come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking, and creative insights. Join a cohesive and motivated team that likes to have fun while doing great work.
Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and department leadership.
|DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS VENTURES AND INNOVATION
The Business Ventures and Innovation unit (BVI) brings together NORC Labs, Business Development, BVI Services, and AmeriSpeak to launch new ventures and drive revenue growth. BVI is a startup within a well-established research organization, propelling innovation across the company and positioning NORC to grow and evolve strategically in the future. BVI leads NORC in its diversification strategy, working mostly outside of federal government contracts. BVI can be best described as a fast-paced, professional services/consulting environment.
- Display intellectual curiosity, exceptional drive, pragmatism, and resourcefulness in a highly collaborative work culture
- Effectively manage projects and special initiatives creating and adhering to timelines and budgets, with high quality deliverables
- Track and report on progress of active projects and performance against key performance indicators (KPI)
- Collaborate with colleagues and partners with an ability to coordinate multiple projects across multiple departments, diverse stakeholders, and internal and external clients
- Communicate effectively with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong active listening and presentation skills
- Bring a passion for both socially-oriented and private sector entrepreneurship
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset paired with strong communication skills
- Initiate evaluation of projects and processes with a willingness to challenge the status quo, propose improvements, and fill gaps
- Engage with key strategic partners across NORC to encourage a culture of innovation, while identifying and sharing great ideas, new approaches, and best practices
- Generate new ideas through research and synthesis of information from blogs, journals, magazines, newspapers, social media, online databases, and expert interviews
- Build detailed business plans for NORC Labs’ projects, including analysis of the potential market opportunity (if applicable), solution/use case(s), competitive landscape, workflow/implementation requirements, and budget management, etc.
- Develop and implement an internal communication strategy leveraging NORC-specific channels to update staff on innovation opportunities
- Serve as primary contact for coordinating and promoting key innovation focused company-wide events, guest speakers, special topic meetings, and conferences
- Some travel required for internal and external meetings, client engagements, team meetings etc. < 10% though not immediately due to COVID-19
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of project coordination, project, or program management or related experience
- Proven project and budget management experience
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills with strong follow-through and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience presenting to senior leaders as well as to peer groups
- Experience building business plans and managing budgets
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, with particular expertise in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency with content management processes and tools, SharePoint experience a plus
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.