AmeriSpeak is a fast- growing, fast-paced, innovative, probability-based panel housed within NORC at the University of Chicago, a world leader in research excellence. The Client Services Senior Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of project management for client research projects within AmeriSpeak. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with clients on important and cutting-edge survey research. You will be leading and executing surveys focused on a wide variety of topics that impact our world today. In this position, you will work with a multidisciplinary, cross-functional team including researchers, statisticians, programmers, telephone center staff, and subject matter experts throughout NORC. You will be a hands-on project manager with the potential to have a real impact on client business outcomes.
The Senior Manager, Client Services is responsible for managing the critical aspects of executing AmeriSpeak client studies that in total generate $3M-$5M per year. The Senior Manager will manage specific strategic client accounts and one or more specific focus areas (e.g., custom research using AmeriSpeak, proprietary survey panels, multi-cultural research, TrueNorth Calibration, etc.) Responsibilities include managing client relationships in executing AmeriSpeak client studies, offering clients insight into questionnaire design, study design, and sample based on in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of the AmeriSpeak Panel, and meeting and exceeding expectations of timelines and deliverables to AmeriSpeak clients. A Senior Manager is responsible for taking the lead in problem-solving with and for the Client on a wide variety of issues related to the research project and its execution, and building strong client relations.
An AmeriSpeak Client Services Senior Manager supervises a team of AmeriSpeak Client Services specialists, who manage and execute AmeriSpeak client projects from start to finish, and coordinate with other internal teams such as programming, IT, and statistics to execute AmeriSpeak studies, and taking the lead in problem-solving. This includes developing standards, processes, and workflow, developing and overseeing training, and making sure that AmeriSpeak projects maintain their schedules, deliver a very high level of quality, and stay on budget.
An AmeriSpeak Client Services Senior Manager works closely with AmeriSpeak business development to anticipate future problems with the project and design solutions to deliver the project on schedule and on budget. AmeriSpeak Client Services Senior Manager will be involved in Strategic Engagements with Business Develop and other Research teams to build now business and opportunities for AmeriSpeak
AmeriSpeak is housed within NORC’s Business Ventures and Innovation (BVI) group. This diverse team is dedicated to NORC’s future in the context of accelerating change within the social science research industry. We are focused on evolutionary yet bold changes that will build upon and expand our traditional strengths to ensure a future of increased relevance, deeper impact, and long-term sustainability. AmeriSpeak, a primary example of innovation, delivers quality typical of more traditional scientific survey methods, with the affordability and speed of online surveys. See www.AmeriSpeak.NORC.org for more information.
• Provide leadership in managing designated strategic client accounts and one or more specific focus areas (e.g., custom research using AmeriSpeak, proprietary survey panels, multi-cultural research, TrueNorth Calibration, etc.)
• Responsible for all aspects of project management in executing AmeriSpeak projects, from beginning to end, for projects generating a total of $3M to $5M per year.
•Responsibilities include , working with a team, to prepare client questionnaires for programming; overseeing quality control testing of programmed questionnaires; managing change requests from clients; conducting pretest surveys; managing sample quotas; providing feedback to the client on sample and questionnaire performance; preparing survey data files, codebooks, and field report documentation; monitoring project budgets and costs; inspecting and assuring quality of deliverables; and completing all work on schedule.
• Developing strong effective working relationships with clients and ensures that client expectations of quality, timelines, and deliverables are met or exceeded.
• Providing value-added insights to the client in the areas of questionnaire design, data collection methodology, panel data, and analysis and reporting.
• Supervising Client Services Staff, including assigning and reviewing their work products, developing their skill set, and coaching and training.
• Developing and refining AmeriSpeak standards, processes and procedures.
• Training and on-boarding new hires in for Client Services positions.
• Coordinating with multidisciplinary, internal teams—such as AmeriSpeak business development, statistics/methodology, researchers, programming, telephone centers, and subject matter experts—to execute AmeriSpeak studies.
• Works closely and successfully with the Client Service Director, and the team of Client Services Senior Managers and Managers to improve coordination of projects, to enhance processes and procedures, and to help make Client Services an effective and efficient team.
• Work with Client Services Director to coordinate project work and assignments, and to support Client Services Staff’s ability to get projects successfully executed.
• To lead a portfolio of projects, and to develop standard, processes, client relationships, and strategic engagements in a custom panel or in a custom research area.
• Works with and supports researchers and subject matter experts throughout NORC on projects and issues related to AmeriSpeak.
• Work with business development workflow for proposal development, strategic engagement, pricing, contracting, and problem-solving.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree in a social science area is strongly preferred.
• At least 6 years of survey research experience required, with a minimum 3 year of client management experience.
• Minimum 4 years of experience managing and mentoring staff required.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles, processes, and methodologies of survey research.
• Quantitative analysis skills and proficiency with data management and statistical analysis in SPSS and/or SAS.
• Well-developed problem-solving skills, time management, personal organization, and attention to detail.
• Advanced ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, identify and mitigate project risks, and work effectively with team members, other NORC departments, stakeholders, and internal/external clients.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of general office procedures, technology, and equipment.
• Microsoft Office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with online survey or CATI software is preferred.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.