Join NORC at the University of Chicago as the newest member of our Information Technology team as a qualified Financial Analyst II. Come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking, and quality work products. Leverage your three plus years of experience to work independently and also assist senior financial analysts, project directors, and the leadership team by supporting project financial operations, managing project budgets, developing budgets, and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and federal government accounting standards. Join our cohesive and motivated team that likes to have fun and do great work, all while developing the skills that will further your career in finance.
Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and department leadership.
NORC's Information Technology program provides technology services to our staff and clients. Given the critical role technology plays in our day-to-day lives, we are committed to providing professional, high-quality solutions in order to further our collective goal of advancing social science research.
- Develop, monitor, and provide leadership with insight on monthly project and overhead budget forecasts and the reasons for variances.
- Track, report, and provide analysis on revenue and profitability
- Contribute independently and provide quality assurance on proposal development by creating budgets with a sound understanding of NORC budgeting principles and following all compliance standards.
- Manage billing, monitor receivables, and address client budget and billing inquires, as needed.
- Learn and manage the financial aspects of capital and operating investment budgets with a clear understanding of the associated rules and regulations.
- Review and provide quality assurance for client and vendor invoices, expense reports, cost reports, purchase requisitions, and other expenses to ensure compliance with all accounting standards and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related area; accounting or finance preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities; experience in a project-based organization highly desired.
- Strong skills in budget development, forecasting and analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with pivot tables is essential.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; experience with the Federal Administrative Regulations (FAR) preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to juggle multiple tasks under time pressure.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication, time management, and setting priorities to meet all project and proposal needs in a timely fashion with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with the ability to provide quality assurance on your own work and the work of others.
- Past experience with standard accounting software; Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Experience with budget forecasting tools such as Focus Point.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.