Job no: 495863
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Health Sciences
NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Survey Specialist to join the Health Sciences Research Department in our Chicago, IL office.
|DEPARTMENT: HEALTH SCIENCES
NORC’s Health Sciences staff produce rich data on social priorities including child development and healthy aging, the uses of electronic clinical data in research, and the applications and effectiveness of health information technology.
Our expert staff evaluates supports a variety of projects including assisting the National Cancer Institute to establish a prospective cohort to study the origins of cancer, research in the emerging fields of patient-centered outcomes research and mobile health, and working with the National Institute on Aging to produce data on older Americans’ health, well-being, and social life.
- Assisting with all aspects of survey research projects with a primary focus on data collection and analysis of operational measures
- Helping develop data collection materials, training materials, and standard operating procedures
- Assist with the coordination of supplies for in-person data collection projects
- Prepare quantitative reports to help monitor data collection productivity and quality; and conduct ad hoc data analyses with ability to summarize information into tables, graphs, and text
- Supporting client meetings, including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Bachelors' degree in the social sciences or related field (Masters' degree preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience in a social science research environment (including internships)
- Background in survey or clinical research preferred
- Understanding of systems design and implementation
- Experience in quantitative analysis using SAS and SPSS preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend