NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a qualified Principal Research Analyst to support the Public Health Department. NORC’s Public Health staff work closely with colleagues in Health Sciences and Health Care to offer program, policy, and research solutions. The Public Health Research team conducts work on a variety of public health topics including chronic disease prevention and health promotion, rural health, health disparities, health care delivery, and social determinants of health.
Due to COVID-19, this position will initially be remote, but preferably applicants will be based in our Bethesda, MD office when it is safe to resume office work.
|DEPARTMENT: Public Health
||The Public Health Research team conducts work on a variety of public health topics including chronic disease prevention and health promotion, rural health, health disparities, health care delivery, and social determinants of health. Our team includes prominent health policy experts, nationally recognized public health researchers with general and specialized expertise in areas such as rural health and tribal issues, skilled methodologists, and leaders in the field of survey design and implementation. Our staff also brings expertise in populations of special interest and the intersection of public health and health care delivery. We offer broad, multidisciplinary experiences spanning public health, epidemiology, statistics, policy, developmental psychology, economics, sociology, social work, and political science.
- Serve as task leader on work involving project design, data collection, data processing, and/or analysis and report or paper writing on assignments.
- Prepare literature reviews, written descriptions of data collection methodologies and procedures, assists in design of questionnaires and data collection forms.
- Develop data charts and tables for presentations and contribute to presentations at professional and client meetings.
- Preparation/Drafting of deliverables, including monthly or annual progress reports, documentation, questionnaires, and OMB clearance packages.
- Assist with overall analysis on specific items of survey or research analysis.
- Develop project materials, including reports, analytical evaluations, graphics and exhibits, as service as report editor.
- Under the direction of senior staff, play a key role in management, coordination, writing and budgeting tasks related to business development.
- May assist with business development activities by drafting subsections of proposals, compiling data, and drafting charts or exhibits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters' degree in Public Health strongly preferred
- Minimum five (5) years' research experience which should include playing a lead role in managing and driving tasks, using and designing qualitative data collection tools including key informant interviews, site visits and focus groups
- Strong analytic ability, writing and organizational skills are required
- Quantitative analysis experience including working knowledge of SAS, SPSS (or other statistical data analysis packages) strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software; solid technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, project management, relationship management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in client communications and relationship management
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings may be required (once it is safe to do so)
- Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. We regret that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.