Job no: 495893
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Education and Child Development
The Education and Child Development Department is seeking strong trouble-shooters with an interest in survey research to assist with the National Survey of Early Care and Education project.
Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and department leadership.
|DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
For more than 40 years, NORC has been committed to conducting high quality education research. Our department of Education and Child Development is a leader in conducting research and evaluations as well as large national surveys. We conduct both formative as well as experimental and quasi-experimental summative studies, conduct sophisticated analysis utilizing data science techniques, and provide comprehensive technical assistance to education decision makers and practitioners.
Individuals selected for this position may perform any or all of the following:
- Respond to telephone calls from data collectors with requests for technical support.
- Use standard procedures to resolve questions and escalate more complex issues to more experienced support specialists.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Administer survey interviews to household respondents using a computer.
- Conduct telephone research activities with individuals and businesses to obtain current address, phone number, email address, and/or general location of sampled individuals as well as other administrative data
- Obtain information through telephone calls to determine study eligibility for a list of participants
- Manage and conduct quality control protocols for survey communications, such as mass mailings
- Tabulate data collection results and production statistics.
- Strong critical reasoning and writing skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both in person and on the telephone
- The ability to work independently and in project teams
- The ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
- Some college level courses or other postsecondary academic experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and highly organized, ability to work with disparate documents and data sources, synthesizing materials
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend