Field Interviewer - COVID Resource Hub - Chicago
Job no: 495934
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? NORC’s Resource Coordinator opportunity offers a flexible role where you will assist with guidance for people in search of COVID resource needs in the Chicagoland area. Own your workload, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Answer inbound calls from, and conduct outreach to, individuals identified by the contact tracing corps as having an unmet need as a result of COVID.
- Follow scripts and probe appropriately to determine individuals’ resource needs.
- Accurately collect and record information in a centralized database and provide individuals with appropriate guidance based on their needs.
- Follow protocols and system prompts to escalate cases.
- Work with Supervisor to monitor assignment and ensure all cases receive appropriate and timely action.
- Communicate with colleagues, supervisors and the public in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and related trainings as well as weekly team meetings.
- Maintain regular, frequent contact with supervisor.
- Respond promptly to all work-related email and phone communications.
- Conduct other related duties as assigned.
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful Resource Coordinator.
|TIMING AND HOURS:
- Members of the Resource Hub team will complete remote training within a week after the hiring - process has been completed, and begin work when training is successfully completed.
- We estimate that our efforts will last for at least six months. However, the amount of work available and the length of the effort will vary with the course of the pandemic. Assignments are temporary.
- The Resource hub will be operational seven days a week from 8:00 AM Central through 8:30 PM Central.
- Resource coordinators should be prepared to work a mix of morning, midday, and evening shifts and to work on both weekdays and weekends.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Have a quiet, professional home work environment suitable for telephone work.
- Have a working phone number and broadband internet access at home. Resource coordinators will receive a monthly stipend towards these costs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Must reside, or have extensive work/lived experience, in the high economic hardship communities identified by the Chicago Department of Public Health.
- A background check is required. However, the circumstances of prior justice-involvement will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not necessarily disqualify a candidate.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend