Job no: 495952
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Wichita, KS
Capability Area: Call Center Management
NORC is looking to hire friendly and personable individuals as Team Leads who can manage and coach telephone interviewers at our state of the art facility in Wichita. Apply now to join us at our Wichita location.
|WHAT IS A TEAM LEAD?
Under the direction of leadership, the Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of Telephone Interviewers.
|DO WORK THAT MATTERS - APPLY NOW:
||Join us as a Team Lead.
|ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM and Wichita, KS. Each Center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to follow all standard operating and project-related procedures
- Ability to work in a production team environment
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required
- Work experience in telephone data collection or customer service preferred
- This position requires flexibility in work schedule and includes some evening and weekend hours
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to create a teamwork environment by working cooperatively with peers, subordinates, managers, and staff in other departments
- You must have an ability to motivate, coach, counsel and evaluate others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn principles and processes of survey research, especially data collection
- Solid trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- May be required to work remotely with staff
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of interviewers & clerks on the production floor by walking around the facility to coach interviewers & accurately answer any questions that might arise related to survey protocol, basic data collection standards and computer functionality
- Assists supervisors with getting interviewers seated & ensuring staff is on the correct project
- Assist with project specific system testing & training
- Provide leadership as a mentor or trainer to less experienced staff in training situations & as new interviewers start working on the production floor
- Deliver feedback, coaching and verbal warnings to interviewers, when necessary, regarding general procedures, project policies and work performance
- Provide constructive feedback and document feedback according to NORC procedures
- Serve as role model for to staff by consistently contributing to a positive work environment by being approachable & congenial in a high operational tempo environment
- Speak with respondents who have additional questions as needed
- Perform other duties, including interviewing or clerical work, as the business needs require
- Commit to working at least 95% of your scheduled hours which will regularly include Sunday through Thursday nights from 3pm to 10pm.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend