Excellent starting wage of $14.00 (Eleven dollars base pay plus three dollars COVID 2020 premium pay) per hour for interviewers and $14.50 (Eleven dollars fifty cents base pay plus three dollars COVID 2020 premium pay) for Spanish/English bilinguals. COVID 2020 Premium Pay will continue to be paid for a period of time in 2021. We will provide staff with a 4 week notice should any changes occur to the Premium Pay.
NORC is looking to hire friendly and personable individuals as Telephone Interviewers who can reach out to people around the world over the phone. NORC is actively recruiting employees to work onsite at our Telephone Center, and we are also looking for new team members that after working on-site, could eventually work from home. Take advantage of our detailed on-site training which will allow you to quickly gain knowledge of our systems, so that you can begin to work off-site. You must have good attendance, a stable internet connection and the ability to work from home without interruption. Ask for more details in your one on one interview. Apply now to join us at our Wichita location.
|WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible hours: Work evenings and weekends
- Convenient location: Near 21st and Amidon
- Interesting and meaningful work: Conduct social science research in the public interest
- Competitive pay: Excellent starting wage of $14.00 (Eleven dollars base pay plus three dollars COVID 2020 premium pay) per hour for interviewers and $14.50 (Eleven dollars fifty cents base pay plus three dollars COVID 2020 premium pay) for Spanish/English bilinguals. COVID 2020 Premium Pay will continue to be paid for a period of time in 2021. We will provide staff with a 4 week notice should any changes occur to the Premium Pay.
- Paid orientation and training
- Possibilities for promotion and pay increase within the first nine months and then again every six months
- Casual dress
- Friendly work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
As part of the phone interviewer team, you will be primarily responsible for screening and interviewing survey respondents over the telephone for groundbreaking studies on issues like health care, education, and more. The data we gather provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society. NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution affiliated with the University of Chicago. Our Call Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL; Albuquerque, NM; and Wichita, KS.
|ARE YOU OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
Successful interviewers are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work. Some of our employees include college students, customer service professionals, teachers, retirees or others looking for a second job. Spanish bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
|DO WORK THAT MATTERS - APPLY NOW:
Join us as an hourly telephone interviewer. Our staff has flexible hours and excellent starting wages with possibilities of promotion and pay increase within the first nine months. Each call center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).
|ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM and Wichita, KS. Each Center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing(CATI). During this time, we are seating interviewers with empty stations in between to adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone headset, dial telephone numbers, use a computer keyboard and read a script off of a standard-size computer monitor for up to four (4) hours continuously.
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required.
- Ability to follow all standard operating and project-related procedures.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly.
- Ability to work in a production team environment.
- Experience interviewing residential households or businesses by telephone preferred.
- All employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation).
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.