Combine your interests in recruiting and HR systems to help NORC’s HR team advance and improve its ability to provide efficient, high-quality talent acquisition service to the organization.
As a key member of our Talent Acquisition team, you’ll serve as the subject matter expert for our ATS. You will serve as a key contact with our vendor account representative, track and make recommendations about new functionality and system updates and be the hands-on implementer of updates to communication templates, workflows, reports, and training materials.
In addition, you will serve as a recruiter, managing a selection of recruitments as needed.
NORC has seen tremendous growth recently. Hiring the right talent will be instrumental to our continued growth and success. This position is an opportunity to help NORC identify, recruit and hire professionals in all NORC locations, functional areas and levels of seniority, both through ATS best practices and direct recruiting efforts.
Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and department leadership.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The Human Resources department supports NORC's mission and values by collaborating with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. Because NORC is a government contractor, the HR team plays a large role ensuring that all staff information and systems remain secure and that our organization is fully compliant with our policies. HR is responsible for talent acquisition, hiring, benefits administration, employee relations matters, and performance evaluation programs to ensure our organization is maintaining compliance while keeping employees’ best interests in mind.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for NORC’s ATS, working with the Talent Acquisition team and HR leadership
- Uncover the tool’s ability to streamline processes, implement workflows, and communicate with candidates throughout recruiting and hiring experiences
- Act as ATS project manager, overseeing the Talent Acquisition team’s use of the tool, offering support and guidance for recruiters to maximize their use of its’ capabilities
- Liaise with the vendor on behalf of NORC to troubleshoot problems and escalate issues as needed
- Create detailed process and workflow documentation
- Stay ahead of system upgrades and changes, flagging updates to Talent Acquisition team offering training as needed
- Identify opportunities to refine and systematize outreach and recruiting programs to enhance NORC’s ability to hire qualified, diverse individuals, while effectively tracking and measuring efforts pursuant to affirmative action goals
- Support the build-out and organization of streamlined, standardized process and procedure documents within the HR intranet
- Serve as Recruiter for select searches in collaboration with other NORC Talent Acquisition staff as needed
- Partner with Department hiring teams and senior leadership to develop position profiles, formulate recruitment strategies and execute sourcing plans to identify qualified candidates for interviews in a timely manner, at the most efficient cost
- Coordinate and execute candidate screening and interviewing processes to ensure selection of best-qualified talent to meet position requirements
- Source and recruit passive candidates, introducing NORC to potential candidates who have not heard of our organization, as needed
- Describe NORC to candidates, including discussing our research work, culture, benefits, and job opportunities
- Support the larger HR team with ad hoc projects as needed, such as leading new hire orientation
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years’ experience in talent acquisition
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the execution of tasks with minimal oversight
- Experience working directly with an ATS and onboarding systems
- Comfortable troubleshooting systems, developing processes, and completing training documentation
- Willingness to maintain a sense of autonomy when navigating conversations with ATS vendor, knowing when to escalate potential issues or concerns to senior staff
- Level of comfort working as part of a team to move Talent Acquisition process forward
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to think through the user experience
- Flexibility to pivot priorities as necessary
- Knowledge of federal contractor compliance requirements, including OFCCP
- Exceptional customer service skills
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.