NORC at the University of Chicago seeks an Associate to join the Health Care Strategy team within the Business Ventures and Innovation Department in our Chicago, IL office. This position reports to a Manager within Health Care Strategy.
NORC’s Health Care Strategy group combines decades of industry expertise with quantitative and qualitative evidence to provide health care leaders with a clear way forward. This team supports a range of health care companies and stakeholders, including health plans, providers, disease groups, federal and state governments, associations, and foundations. Our experts explore health care from all angles—from access to care, new payment and delivery models, to health outcomes and the socioeconomic, policy, and environmental factors that influence health—and translate complicated information into clear, lucid, usable knowledge that informs critical decision-making.
NORC is seeking a candidate who wants to come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking and creative insights. The Associate must thrive in a fast-paced environment and quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary. This candidate will join a cohesive and motivated team that likes to have fun while doing great work. This is also a team that takes an active role in mentoring staff so that they successfully develop their careers over the long time.
Due to current COVID-19 safety measures, employees who can work from home, are required to do so. Once it is safe to resume standard practices of commuter travel and social interaction per government guidelines, we expect employees to maintain an office presence as required by projects needs and department leadership.
|DEPARTMENT: BUSINESS VENTURES AND INNOVATION
The Business Ventures & Innovation unit (BVI) leads diversified revenue growth and new ventures at NORC. As part of this process, BVI aligns with NORC’s research departments to ensure ventures strengthen client relationships and advance NORC’s position as an industry leader.
- Supports quantitative and qualitative projects for health care clients working closely with senior staff
- Conducts original research, literature reviews, and analysis on critical health care issues
- Engages directly with client contacts to support project management functions, including meeting scheduling and updates on project timelines and budgets
- Creates original drafts of deliverables in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with strong executive summaries, clear and concise writing, and visual appeal
- Collaborates with colleagues across NORC to coordinate on projects or engage experts for input on project work
- Manages individual assignments effectively, including appropriate prioritization of activities and on-time delivery
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with multiple departments, stakeholders, and internal and external clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong active listening skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Results driven, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving work and market environment
- Must be flexible and able to able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with solid performance/results
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Must be a team player who has a proven ability to work with multiple layers of the organization (including C-level executives)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a particular expertise in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency with content management processes and tools, SharePoint experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of graphic design programs such as InDesign or Photoshop is preferred
- Experience in and passion for nonprofit/public sector communications is preferred
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.