Field Interviewer - PHDCN
Job no: 497158
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? Our field interviewers pay close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. There will be an NORC general training scheduled on July 7, 2021, with project training to follow the next day. In addition to standard NORC general and project training, there will a portion of the project training devoted to safety procedures surrounding in person interviewing.
- The health and safety of NORC employees and Respondents is of the utmost importance to us as we gradually return to in-person data collection. Before going to the field, you will be provided the training on CDC guidelines and NORC protocols specifically on COVID-19. NORC will provide the personal protective equipment (PPE) prior to the start of your in person assignment.
- Interviewers will conduct hour long interviews with approximately 500 respondents in the Chicago metro area who did not respond to initial phone and mail outreach. Respondents will have the option of either being interviewed by the interviewer or completing a self-administered survey using the FIs tablet. The purpose of data collection is to follow up with PHDCN respondents who were last interviewed in 2012-13.
- Report back to field managers regularly with thorough and detailed data. (note: NORC will outline data quality expectations in training.)
- Each interviewer is expected to meet or exceed data quality targets.
|TIMING AND HOURS:
- Work is part-time and temporary, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of up to 40 hours per week.
- Interviews will take place in the Chicago metro area.
- A mix of daytime, evening, and weekend hours will be required.
- Data collection will continue through Labor Day.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers).
- Ability to carry a tablet, survey documents, and supplies.
- Attend in-person, paid training sessions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend