This position is responsible for monitoring Survey Research Group costs on small, straightforward projects (less than $3,000,00) and/or providing support to a Financial Analyst II or Senior Financial Analyst on large, complex projects. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting the Department Director or Senior Financial Analysts in cost estimating efforts for proposals.
|DEPARTMENT: EDUCATION AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
For more than 40 years, NORC has been committed to conducting high quality education research. Our growing department of Education and Child Development's research covers the full array of education-relevant populations, from pre-school children to the post-graduate doctorate holders. The scope of our education research methodologies is wide-ranging, as well – including primary data collection, analysis and reporting of existing data, transcript abstraction, classroom observations, qualitative analysis, and experimental and quasi-experimental designs.
• Review and reconcile Survey Research Group/management charges reported by the Accounting Department for projects.
• Approve supply requests, external printing orders, and expense reports from project staff.
• Oversee the processing of staff's Time and Expense Reports. Request for travel advances and respondent fee advances.
• Update the Allegro System based on feedback from the Senior Financial Analyst or Financial Analyst II and Task Leaders and/or Project Director as well as enter subcontractor costs and projections.
• Update or supervise the monthly updating of the project ledger. Prepare monthly cost reports for review and revises for submission to the client.
• Prepare cost-to-completes, Project Variance Reports (PVR), and Project Variance Analysis (PVA) for review by Task Leaders and Project Director. Revise for submission to senior corporate officers for Quarterly Management Reviews.
• Assist Senior Financial Analyst or Financial Analyst II and Task Leaders and/or Project Director with re-estimates of project costs at completion and with budgets for contract modifications.
• Set up Survey Research Group and management tasks in cost accounting system and alternative reporting systems for newly awarded contracts.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree; preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in cost account management techniques (work-related or education) strongly preferred. Project based financial management beneficial.
• Ability to set priorities to meet all project and proposal needs in a timely fashion, ability to work accurately under extreme time pressures, and ability to work with a moderate level of supervision.
• Arithmetic, mathematics, project management, detail orientation, and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially advanced knowledge of Excel. Understanding of standard accounting software.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
|WHAT WE DO:
||NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.