The Training Specialist position will be responsible for designing, administering, delivering, and evaluating corporate training programs aligned with the organization’s objectives and strategy. Your main focus will be in creating and facilitating innovative and engaging learning solutions for our central office staff in both hub locations and remote locations to create and implement an employee learning strategy and journey. This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced professional with knowledge of corporate training and development principles and experience in implementing training programs.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
- Working closely with the Director of Training and Development to assess current training and development programs, policies, methodologies, strategies and procedures
- Analyzing, designing, developing, administering, delivering, and evaluating corporate training programs, including management development program content
- Developing and maintaining quality assurance, effectiveness and engagement metrics; providing and reporting on training data and analysis metrics
- Creating and refining training content, aids/materials, workflows and presenting training designed to build staff capacity
- Establishing a review process for training materials, periodically conducting needs assessments and refreshing the training plan
- Maintain records of training and schedule through the LMS and update internal T&D site
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; at least 3-5 years of experience in corporate training
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver multi-mode training programs utilizing skills in instructional design, program design & development, evaluation and training technologies
- Previous experience working directly with a learning management system
- Project management and prioritization capabilities to execute multiple priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with change management and strong problem-solving skills to adapt constructively
- Consult and provide training insights to internal groups to support business goals
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills; and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
|WHAT WE DO
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.