Field Interviewer - AmeriSpeak
Job no: 497371
Work type: Intermittent
Location: San Diego, CA
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? NORC’s field interviewer opportunity offers a flexible role where you will engage with all types of people across the country to become a part of our AmeriSpeak panel project. Our field interviewers pay close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion. Bilingual English/Spanish speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Interviewers will call and visit households in an attempt to get them to join the AmeriSpeak Panel.
- AmeriSpeak members receive 2-3 invitations per month to complete surveys online or via phone on a variety of topics such as health, education, and politics.
- Respondents will be compensated for their time.
- Before going to the field, interviewers will be provided training on CDC guidelines and NORC protocols specifically on COVID-19. NORC will provide personal protective equipment (PPE) prior to the start of the in person assignment.
- Interviewers will report back to field managers regularly with thorough and detailed data. (note: NORC will outline data quality expectations in training.)
- Each interviewer is expected to meet or exceed data quality targets.
- Work is part-time and temporary, usually 20-25 hours per week, with short periods of increased hours per week available.
- Interviewers primarily work during evenings and on weekends and work 3-5 days per week including one weekend day. On the days interviewers work, the most effective interviewers devote 4-6 hours per shift.
- Data collection will continue through November 2021.
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. General and project specific training will be completed online from your home in late August 2021.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD INTERVIEWERS:
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation).
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers).
- Ability to carry a tablet, survey documents, and supplies.
- Attend paid training sessions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend