Job no: 497479
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Accounting
This position is responsible for assisting with all payroll-related activities required to produce, balance, distribute and post the NORC hourly and staff payroll.
The Finance and Accounting departments contribute to NORC’s financial success by supporting the research departments with skill and integrity. The Accounting department navigates complex government regulatory and accounting environments while ensuring that the day-to-day operations of NORC’s financial matters are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
- Process and transmit biweekly payroll for all NORC employees
- Coordinate weekly labor posting; maintenance and upkeep of Time & Expense; and distribution of various labor reports
- Download master files, project tasks and labor codes into Time and Expense
- Assist managers and budget monitors in resolving various labor related issues
- Assist regional/field managers in setting up FI’s in various timesheet groups which changes with each project
- Assist regional/field managers and HR in activating new hires and rehires
- Maintain all payroll files and reports
- Monitor and maintain payroll related general ledger accounts
- Analyze several accounting/payroll related accounts monthly
- Monitor completion of electronic timesheet and weekly time cards for staff and field employees
- Handle all garnishments, wage assignments and child support including setup, notification, answer and file upkeep
- Prepare related internal control reports
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Sufficient experience processing high-volume payroll, 5 years preferred
- Proficiency with ADP EV5 preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and spreadsheet preparation skills
- Excellent communication skills, must be customer service oriented
- Attention to detail, tact, discretion, and dependability, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow-up on complex and detailed work activities
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, multi-task, and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of sensitivity to payroll-related deadlines and commitment to ensure that all deadlines are met
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend