This position is responsible for providing clerical support to the HR Department staff, including filing, organizing and special projects.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
- Create and maintain Human Resources files, supply inventory, and employee records storage
- Enter employee data into HR Information System (ADP), review and audit entries for accuracy, and compile reports from database as needed
- Provide support to functional HR areas as assigned such as verifications of employment, unemployment claims processing and employee ID badge creation
- Assist in auditing
- Perform special projects and other clerical tasks as assigned
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Minimum 1 year general work experience with some customer service and/or data entry experience
- Customer-service, organizational, detail-oriented, and typing skills
- Ability to discreetly handle confidential issues, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work accurately under pressure
- Ability to work under close supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and mail merge documents
- Ability to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.