NORC is seeking an Office Services Administrator at our downtown Chicago office. This person is responsible for providing facilities and office services support for all staff and administrative support for the Department Head. You will serve as one of the principal resources for facilities and office services to NORC's Chicago offices and peripheral support of remote offices in Albuquerque, Wichita, Atlanta, Cambridge, Silicon Valley, and Sacramento (no travel required).
If you are an onsite employee starting prior to 12/8, NORC’s onsite mandate supersedes the Federal mandate and you must already be fully vaccinated to work onsite at a NORC facility.
The Facilities team is responsible for day-to-day operations at each of NORC’s office locations. This includes real estate planning, space planning and management, emergency procedures, access control, security and key card services, construction management, travel management, mail and shipping operations, print center operations, front desk services, furniture purchasing, office maintenance , and general upkeep and cleanliness.
- Supports day-to-day operations of NORC's Chicago office, providing a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with the Ricoh Site Manager and Facilities Manager in the Chicago office to deliver reception, print and mail services.
- Supports onboarding and offboarding of staff in collaboration with Facilities team including workstation set-up/break-down, directory and floorplan updates, etc.; coordinates internal Moves Adds and Changes.
- Assists with tracking Facilities work order ticketing system, processing staff requests to ensure all are addressed and closed out in a timely manner.
- Works closely with building engineers and building work order system in conjunction with and back-up to Facilities Manager.
- In support of Director of Facilities, provides general administrative support and assists with projects as assigned for various offices.
- Manages weekly postage reporting and monthly Print/Copy center chargebacks; manages the activation and deactivation of all print/copy charge codes.
- Assists with purchasing and the coding and timely submittal of invoices for all offices.
- Maintains security card access system and reporting in conjunction with Facilities Manager and Director; assists Facilities Manager with Life Safety team and updates to Emergency Action Plans.
- Assigns guest offices; supports onsite meetings in collaboration with Facilities team and other admins; ensures conference rooms are maintained (capacity, clean-up, etc.).
- Knowledge of front desk processes; backup to Receptionist in urgent coverage situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year Facilities/Office Services experience or 3 years Administrative experience.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of postage reporting, invoice processing, purchase orders a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of general office equipment and technology (i.e., printers, copiers, mail machine, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) at all levels.
- A strong team player willing to pitch in at any level when the need arises.
- Exceptional Customer Service and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Maintains confidentiality and handles sensitive and/or confidential material in a discreet manner.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.