To comply with the Executive Order issued by President Biden on September 9, 2021, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated by Wednesday, December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment. This means that a 2nd injection (if applicable) must be given two weeks prior to the deadline (by November 24, 2021.)
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
- Nurture a positive working relationship with local and state agencies, local community groups, all employees within NORC, and the community at large
- Collaborate with local, state and federal agencies to secure hiring and training assistance
- Produce standard reports; perform mail merges; maintain files
- Participate in recruiting activities such as, representing NORC at job fairs, producing offer letters, initiating background checks, and conducting orientations
- The HR Representative is a non-exempt employee who can successfully perform job duties with support and supervision from the HR Associate
The ability to follow instructions and escalate HR and staffing issues for management review and input is a key success factor.
The HR Representative will also:
- Enter and audit employment transactions, such as applicant data, new hires, rehires, status changes, pay rate changes and terminations, into the ADP HR system
- Assist in recruitment activities for Telephone Interviewers, including posting jobs, maintaining data in the ATS, sending and collecting onboarding paperwork
- Initiate eVerify requests and verify I-9 data accuracy for data entry. Initiate background check requests for all new hires coordinating with HR team in Chicago
- Provide employee relations support including counseling employees and documenting investigations in collaboration with the Albuquerque ER team
- Support leave of absence and worker's compensation processes for call center in collaboration with Chicago-based HR team
- Support HR Associate in the daily maintenance HR is responsible for in the center
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience in Human Resources experience required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ideal candidates will be organized and pay attention to details and deadlines; have good customer service skills; have familiarity with Human Resources processes and procedures; good written and oral communication skills; good problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook is required
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.