Field Interviewer - M-CARES
Job no: 497709
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Kentwood, MI
Capability Area: Field
|NORC AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
Are you a self-motivated, people person looking to make meaningful contributions through work that impacts the nation? NORC’s field interviewer opportunity offers a flexible role where you will engage with all types of people in a clinical setting to examine effects of subsidies for family planning services. The aim of the study is to provide estimates of the consequences of eliminating funding for family planning services by quantifying the differences in various life outcomes for women who do and do not receive subsidies for contraceptives through randomized intervention. Our field interviewers play close attention to details, making sure all data is appropriately recorded so our researchers can use the information you collect to learn more about how our world works. Own your workload, while still being a team player sharing accurate and thorough data reports with colleagues in a timely fashion.
|WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Work on-site at Planned Parenthood clinics.
- Ask eligibility questions and conduct interviews via tablet. Patients completing the eligibility questions will receive monetary compensation.
- Adhere to recruitment design and data collection protocols such as:
- Read scripts and questionnaires verbatim.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and work cohesively with clinic patients and staff.
- Adhere to clinic protocols regarding safety and security.
- Reconcile and accurately account for respondent monies.
- Expect observation visits by both NORC and University of Michigan staff to assess interviewer performance and adherence to project protocols.
- Communicate consistently with your Field Manager in real time regarding issues or problems that occur within the clinic.
- Attend NORC’s paid training to ensure you have the tools you need to be a successful field interviewer. A local in-person training will be required, and there will be 1 or 2 days dedicated to a clinic visit with mentoring by experienced staff.
|TIMING AND HOURS:
- This position is part-time and temporary. You are expected to work a minimum of 2 days a week and a work day is based on clinic hours of operation. There may be opportunities for more work days.
- Days worked and assignments may vary by clinic locations. Work schedules are released for sign-up 1 month in advance. It is required to be on time and work each shift.
- Data collection will continue through 2022. Depending on project funding, data collection could be extended past the end of this year.
- Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation)
- Have a valid driver’s license, have unlimited use of an automobile in working condition, and present proof of auto liability insurance (exceptions can be made for applicants from major urban centers)
- Ability to carry tablets, supplies and other project materials
- Attend in-person, paid training sessions
- Business casual attire required when in-clinic
- As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated to comply with the Executive Order issued by President Biden on September 9, 2021.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend