We are looking for Quality Assurance Monitors (QAMs) to work at our Chicago location. Current Telephone Interviewers with successful performance data, strong writing skills and excellent judgment are strongly encouraged to apply.
|ARE YOU OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
Successful candidates are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work. Some of our employees include college students, customer service professionals, teachers, retirees or others looking for a second job.
|WHAT IS A QAM?
Quality Assurance Monitors perform a critical role to uphold NORC’s reputation as leaders in high-quality social science research. QAMs spend much of their time reviewing recordings of interviewers’ work, evaluating data collection technique, and providing written feedback for future improvement. QAMs may also perform other tasks that support our department.
|ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM and Wichita, KS. Each Center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours per week, with a possibility of up to 28 hours per week, weekend and night hours may be required to meet project needs
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment by working cooperatively with peers
- You must have an ability to motivate, coach, and evaluate others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Comply with all work policies related to attendance and punctuality, and maintain attendance rate consistently at or above 90%
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- NORC is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. COVID vaccination is required.
- Review interviewer recordings for quality assurance
- Determine if correct protocols were used in capturing respondent data
- Complete monitoring forms according to department guidelines.
- Provide comments that will enable a coaching supervisor to follow up with those who need help
- Participate in periodic training exercises designed to enhance project, data collection knowledge and ensure consistency
- Escalate data integrity and other serious issues to TSSO management staff
- When necessary, provide leadership as a mentor or trainer to less experienced staff in quality control, motivation, production enhancement and clerical tasks
- Assist with project specific system testing and training
- Perform other duties, including interviewing or clerical work, as the business needs require
- May be asked to be a teaching assistant for training classes
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.