Quality Assurance Peer Helper (QAPH) - Days, Evenings, and Weekends
Job no: 497740
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Capability Area: Call Center
We are looking for Quality Assurance Peer Helpers (QAPHs) to work at our Albuquerque location. Current Telephone Interviewers with successful performance data, strong writing skills and excellent judgment are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you do not currently work at NORC and are interested in this position, we recommend that you consider applying for the Telephone Interviewer position instead.
|WHAT IS A QAPH?
Quality Assurance Peer Helpers perform a critical role to uphold NORC’s reputation as leaders in high-quality social science research. QAPHs spend half of their time responding to questions telephone interviewers have regarding survey protocol, basic data collection standards and minor technical or equipment problems. QAPHs may also perform interviewing or other tasks that support our department.
|ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
Our TSSO Centers are state-of-the-art telephone survey centers located in Chicago, IL, Albuquerque, NM and Wichita, KS. Each Center features call stations equipped for computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).
- Must be current NORC employee
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours per week, with a possibility of up to 28 hours per week. Weekend and night hours may be required to meet project needs.
- Ability to work in a teamwork environment by working cooperatively with peers
- You must have an ability to motivate, coach, and evaluate others
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Comply with all work policies related to attendance and punctuality, and maintain attendance rate consistently at or above 90%
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- NORC is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment. COVID vaccination is required.
- Assist Telephone Interviewers by responding to questions in person and via chat rooms
- Provide accurate responses that enable telephone interviewers to resolve their problem and resume work
- Escalate serious issues to TSSO management staff
- When necessary, provide leadership as a mentor to less experienced staff in data collection as they come out of training and begin working
- Assist with project specific system testing and training
- Perform other duties, including interviewing or clerical work, as the business needs require
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend