AmeriSpeak is a fast growing, fast-paced, innovative, probability-based panel housed within NORC at the University of Chicago, a world leader in research excellence. The Data Services Analyst/Senior Analyst is a fantastic opportunity to develop, hone, and use your database and data analysis skills in projects involving important and cutting-edge survey research. The projects you will be working on cover a wide variety of topics that impact our world today. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.
The Data Service Analyst/Senior Analyst is responsible, through data review, for strategizing questionnaire design, programming, and data strategies as they relate to client projects and/or NORC-owned profile and auxiliary data. A Data Analyst/Senior Analyst ensures survey data quality through reviewing and validating simulated and respondent survey data throughout the field period using appropriate statistical applications; and importing, cleaning, and transforming raw data for eventual client delivery using appropriate statistical applications and summarizing information into charts, graphs, banners, and tables.
NORC recognizes that talented and skilled researchers live throughout the U.S. and actively supports remote work arrangements.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
AmeriSpeak is housed within NORC’s Business Ventures and Innovation (BVI) group. This diverse team is dedicated to NORC’s future in the context of accelerating change within the social science research industry. We are focused on evolutionary yet bold changes that will build upon and expand our traditional strengths to ensure a future of increased relevance, deeper impact, and long-term sustainability. AmeriSpeak, a primary example of innovation, delivers quality typical of more traditional scientific survey methods, with the affordability and speed of online surveys. See https://amerispeak.norc.org/ for more information.
- Help to program and develop automation data processes and efficiencies.
- Build, transform, validate and clean client data and/or NORC-owned profile and auxiliary data using a variety of techniques.
- Review simulated and pretest data to check on the quality of questionnaire design and programming. Review final client data to ensure data and data deliverables are error free, most accessible by clients (internal or external), and of the highest quality.
- Cleans and prepares raw data for weighting and client delivery; conducts ad hoc data analyses using statistical applications such R, SPSS, od SAS and summarizes information into tables, graphs, and text.
- Performs quality control testing on programmed surveys in the phone and web modes and manages questionnaire revisions throughout the testing cycle. Drafts feedback for project managers and programming staff.
- Prepare codebooks and questionnaire documentation for client surveys and survey data and/or NORC-conducted surveys and data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Market Research, or Social Science related field.
- Working knowledge of statistics, mathematics, machine learning, scientific methods of inquiry, and/or survey research. Experience with data and quantitative methods.
- The ideal candidate has experience in positions of increasing responsibility, working with data, and conducting statistical and quantitative analysis, ideally in a survey research environment. For an Analyst, we are looking for a minimum of 1 year worth of experience. For a Senior Analyst, we are looking for 3 years minimum of working experience.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative data analysis, time management, personal organization, logical thinking, attention to detail, discretion, and composure skills.
- To manage multiple projects with agility, to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet project needs, to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues across multiple teams, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time with agility and to work effectively with team members, multiple departments, stakeholders, and internal/external clients.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- The candidate must have experience with statistical and database management software. Knowledge of and experience with R programming is most strongly preferred, especially for the purposes of developing automated data processes. Knowledge of SPSS and SPSS syntax is also a strong plus. Ideal for candidates to have good working experience with database tools such as SQL, Python, etc. Must have experience with Microsoft Office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with on-line survey or CATI software is a plus.
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.