The ServiceNow Product Manager is primarily responsible for working on new and/or iterative ServiceNow application development projects while maximizing the value of the applications being built. In addition, you will be responsible for guiding a team of Business Analysts and Developers to configure and maintain the ServiceNow platform.
NORC recognizes that talented and skilled researchers live throughout the U.S. and actively supports remote work arrangements.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
The IT Development and Infrastructure department performs in-house software development and provides infrastructure services and support to enable our research projects. The infrastructure can be on-premise data center networking or server needs or cloud-based vendor SaaS solutions. The ServiceNow Product Manager role consists of a combination of software development and managing the ServiceNow infrastructure.
- Serve as the primary owner for the ServiceNow environment including roadmap creation, platform expansion and oversight, and partnering with business stakeholders and senior leadership
- Facilitate discovery workshops with stakeholders to gain business perspectives, requirements, and alignment for new development requests and assess their impact on existing applications, systems, and processes
- Facilitate review sessions with stakeholders and end-user representatives in managing, coordinating, and communicating environmental changes and enhancements
- Define goals and convey the vision for projects while aligning with business objectives and overall strategic vision
- Effectively negotiate priority of our users’ needs across our portfolio of work
- Oversee development stages by leading the planning, refining, and reviewing of items within the ServiceNow portfolio to drive the enablement of additional modules
- Lead, coach, and mentor dedicated IT ServiceNow team members
- Own the product backlog by working continuously with our users to drive prioritization and identify dependencies which may impact implementation progress
- Facilitate regular retrospectives with the project team
- Manage IT resource planning to align demand with current and forecasted activities
- Manage project budget and release implementation schedule
- Apply problem solving techniques to resolve issues and perform regular risk management activities
- Stay current with new and forthcoming ServiceNow features/capabilities through ServiceNow training, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Have high degree of self-organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Assume ownership for the timely delivery of projects and initiatives as per established roadmaps by working closely with the IT PMO, IT Management, Business and Vendors
- Monitor ServiceNow usage and facilitate adoption
- Bachelors degree or 10 years of relevant work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years of ServiceNow experience in the areas of ITSM, CMDB, CSM, and HRSD
- ServiceNow Administrator and Implementor certifications are desired
- ServiceNow Product Owner certification is strongly desired
- 5 years of people and client management and/or project management experience
- 3 years of experience with Agile methods such as Scrum and SAFe
- Ability to help users with strategic vision definition and alignment
- Strong business communication skills
- Good balance between technical knowledge and business acumen
- Proven experience with system administration and development in ServiceNow including user account maintenance, internal system audits, upgrade coordination, solution design, processes, loading/configuring parameters/data in ServiceNow and troubleshooting issues
- Good knowledge of ServiceNow integrations and APIs capabilities
- Proficiency with user story definition, acceptance criteria writing and facilitating effective refinement sessions
- Strong experience working remotely with business stakeholders and IT team
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.