NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a detail-oriented Human Resources Representative to assist in a variety of Human Resources duties, focusing on our nationwide Field Survey team and our Chicago based Telephone Survey team.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
||• Enter and audit employment data relating to new hires, rehires, status changes, pay rate changes and terminations into the HRIS (ADP) system; produce and distribute standard reports.
• Initiate eVerify and verify I-9 data accuracy for data entry.
• Interact with a variety of staff to identify and resolve problems related to employment data.
• Provide general office support to HR team, such as responding to employment verification requests, entering background check requests and assisting with routine employee relations tasks.
• May support other HR functions, including staffing, benefits, compensation, and employee relations as needed.
• Infrequent travel to other NORC facilities in the Chicagoland area may be required.
||• High school diploma or equivalent; two to four years of college or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience in Human Resources/customer service or related area.
• Ideal candidates will be organized and skilled at paying attention to details and deadlines; have good customer service skills; have knowledge of Human Resources processes and procedures; good written and oral communication skills; and proven problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience with HRIS, applicant tracking systems and on-boarding systems is highly desirable; ADP experience is also desirable.
• Good working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook is required.
The ability to manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively with all levels of NORC staff is a key success factor for this role.
|WHAT WE DO
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.