NORC at the University of Chicago, an objective and non-partisan research organization with more than 75 years of leadership in data collection, program evaluation, data analysis, and information dissemination, seeks Financial Analysts to join the Financial Management and Analysis team. Financial Analysts provide on-going support for multiple projects, including project tracking, budget monitoring, forecasting and modeling, and pricing for proposals. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in project accounting, project management, experience in working with government contracts and grants, and a must be able to work both independently and in concern with senior financial analysts and project teams. NORC currently has openings in our Chicago office and also an opening for someone that will be based in the Hyde Park office and will have the opportunity to work from NORC's Chicago Loop office at varying days throughout the week, when office-based work resumes.
NORC offers flexible work arrangements. Analysts may choose to work remote, hybrid, or in the office.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
|DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
NORC’s Financial Management and Analysis department plays a pivotal role across the entire NORC ecosystem. Members of the team ensure that NORC’s financial management functions are fully aligned and integrated so we can support NORC’s work to provide trustworthy data to decision-makers around the world. The FM&A department directly supports research departments and projects, and works closely with the other administrative departments, particularly the Accounting and Finance and Contracts and Grants, to navigate the complex government regulatory environment.
- Assist with project setup following project billing and reporting requirements
- Monitor weekly/monthly project labor and expenses and reconcile against project budget forecast
- Review, approve, and track project expenses including processing of vendor invoices and tracking of spending against purchase orders
- Oversee the processing of staff's Time and Expense Reports. Request for travel advances and respondent fee advances
- Manage project billing, monitor project receivables, and address client budget and billing inquires, as needed
- Contribute to periodic client financial reports as required by project
- Assist project management with cost estimation for project budget modifications or cost over/under run scenarios
- Track and report on project funding, revenue and profitability to management
- Review and provide quality assurance for client and vendor invoices, expense reports, cost reports, purchase requisitions, and other project-related expenses to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Closeout project accounts at project completion
- Supporting Senior Financial Analysts in revenue and cost-estimating efforts for proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related area is required
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in project based account management highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in budget development, forecasting, and analysis.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under time pressure while maintaining accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with federal government accounting regulations and accounting and contractual structures (i.e., FAR, OMB, FTR) is preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Skills in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Costpoint and FocusPoint experience is a plus
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
#LI-AD1, #LI-hybrid, #LI-remote