NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a detail oriented Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Office of Business Development Department in our Chicago Loop office. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to Department leadership and for providing project support to other research staff.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently. This person must be flexible, well organized and pay careful attention to detail. He/she should enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a leadership team in a rapidly evolving research landscape that is often fast paced. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through in a timely manner, sometimes working under pressure. Also critical is the ability to be resourceful and efficient, while exhibiting a high degree of professionalism. He/she will also need to quickly comprehend and act on changing priorities when necessary and proactively address administrative issues and needs.
NORC is seeking a candidate who wants to come to work every day energized and ready to add value through hard/smart work, critical thinking, and quality work products. This candidate will join a cohesive and motivated team that likes to have fun while doing great work.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely – must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
|DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Office of Business Development (OBD) identifies and disseminates key information regarding prospective clients and business opportunities. In addition, OBD staff support proposal preparation, maintain a proposal database, and coordinate proposal process improvements across all departments. Within OBD, the Desktop Publishing team designs and produces proposals as well as a variety of other print and digital collateral.
- Serve as Senior Administrative Assistant for the department with responsibility for ensuring assigned tasks and projects are completed on a timely basis and projects are managed and completed to meet the expectations of department management
- Coordinate scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Develop and design improved administrative procedures to promote the timely processing and submission of all administrative deliverables
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to support and facilitate the collaborative team environment
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Attend meetings with the purpose of taking minutes
- Greet visiting clients, guests, and employees
- Prepare and/or integrate information needed to compose both routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare for business meetings, events, luncheons, and dinners involving both internal staff and external clients/partners including scheduling, material preparation, and logistics/technology needs (video conferencing, presentations, Web Ex, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing administrative support for senior management in a team environment
- Knowledge of general office procedures, technology and equipment
- Basic language arts (spelling, grammar, punctuation), time management, personal organization, attention to detail, discretion, and composure skills
- Ability to create and maintain physical and electronic filing systems, ability to accurately follow instructions given, ability to work accurately under time pressures and to prioritize multiple tasks from different projects, ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material in a discreet and confidential manner, ability to display a professional demeanor, ability to work effectively and accurately with little direct supervision
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) at all levels
- Excellent computing skills and experience with PC-based software, including word processors, spreadsheets and graphics (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.