The Compensation Analyst is responsible for analytical, operational and technical support for compensation programs including base salary, market analysis, salary survey management and reporting. Conducts routine HR data analysis and assists in identifying trends and identifying solutions where appropriate.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics. It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
- Administer established compensation programs
- Conduct job pricing using established resources
- Provides data to third party compensation consultants
- Prepare data and collaborates with managers and HR colleagues to establish new positions, ranges within career ladders
- Perform job evaluations and establish and maintain appropriate position descriptions, job codes and grades, FLSA status, ADA documentation and EEOC codes. Collaborate with talent acquisition on job postings
- Participate in salary surveys including salary budget surveys and manages salary survey data and reporting
- Produces annual compensation trend data for salary budget planning
- Administers and tracks special pay transactions including extra service pay, spot awards, bonuses, employee recognition and ensures proper approval protocols
- Ensures accurate use of approved pay codes
- Provides summary reports of various programs
- Communicates and interpret compensation policies and procedures to employees and managers
- Provide data and assistance to Human Resources leadership and other managers with questions regarding annual salary/performance review process
- Work with legal firm and executive leadership to conduct privileged pay and promotion review annually
- Perform audits to ensure integrity of compensation data
- Ensures state and local minimum wage compliance
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to paid leave, Service Contract Act transactions and correspondence to ensure compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors' degree in the human resources or similar field or HS with 5 years of applicable business-related experience
- Minimum 3 years human resources experience including a minimum of I year in compensation analysis and administration required
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills in data gathering and reporting from multiple sources. Visual data presentation skills required
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP a plus)
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive, confidential situations and an ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Requires effective organization and time management skills, the ability to multi-task, work independently, and also a contributing team member. Strong relationship builder and conflict resolution skills
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics