Customer Service Representative
Job no: 499839
Work type: Intermittent
Location: Chicago – 55 East Monroe Street, IL
Capability Area: Call Center
**Individuals who are Spanish-language proficient at least at conversational level, are encouraged to apply on our Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Spanish/English) job posting.** https://careers.norc.org/cw/en-us/job/499842/bilingual-customer-service-representative-spanishenglish
Telephone Interviewers are primarily responsible for screening and interviewing respondents over the phone. No sales or quotas! They talk to people across the country from all walks of life and even from around the world to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The data collected provides insight for informed decisions and contributes to a better understanding of important issues facing American society.
|WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay: Excellent starting wage of $16.20 per hour
- Possibilities for promotion and pay increase within the first nine months and then every six months
- Flexible hours: Work between 20-28 hours by selecting from available evening and weekend shifts
- Convenient location
- Paid orientation and training
|ARE YOU OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE?
Successful interviewers are people of all ages and backgrounds with good communication skills who appreciate a flexible work schedule and are looking for meaningful part-time work.
This position will train and start working in our local office so you must live within commuting distance. However, this can be a work from home position once you meet the requirements through successful demonstrated work in the office. The time frame is dependent on how quickly you meet the requirements.
If you are interested in working from home after that time, NORC will provide computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) equipment, but you must provide the following:
- Stable high speed internet connection required of at least 10mbps download speeds. A direct internet connection from modem to the computer is preferred.
- Dedicated access to a cell phone and ability to turn off notifications or incoming calls during working times.
- Quiet, private place to conduct interviews.
- All NORC employees and contractors - including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19. NORC is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Must be a self-motivated individual of at least 18 years of age that can adhere to work schedule.
- Must be able to sit and use a telephone headset, dial telephone numbers, use a computer keyboard and read a script off a standard-size computer monitor for up to four (4) hours continuously.
- Knowledge of a PC Windows environment required.
- All employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation).
|ABOUT TELEPHONE SURVEY AND SUPPORT OPERATIONS (TSSO):
TSSO staff are vital to our nationwide survey research operation. Interviewers talk to people from all walks of life to obtain information on issues such as health care, employment, and education. The work we do at NORC has lasting social significance, and the data we gather helps legislators and others involved in setting policy make informed decisions for the welfare of all Americans.
||NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
||NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally-protected characteristics.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend