The HRIS Director oversees design, deployment, and management of various HR systems at NORC. The HRIS Director is a leader as well as hands-on technical expert for HRIS and will help build and execute a technology roadmap that balances the strategic and operational needs of HR. This position will take the lead in developing integrated approaches for HR data management, reporting, and serve as primary liaison between HR subject matter experts, Accounting, Payroll, HR generalist and all other functional areas as needed to define, analyze, and evaluate needs for services and, where appropriate, develop, implement, and execute recommendations.
|DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
The Human Resources department supports NORC's mission and values by collaborating with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. Because NORC is a government contractor, the HR team plays a large role ensuring that all staff information and systems remain secure and that our organization is fully compliant with our policies. HR is responsible for talent acquisition, hiring, benefits administration, employee relations matters, and performance evaluation programs to ensure our organization is maintaining compliance while keeping employees’ best interests in mind.
- Partner with the Information Technology team to effectively manage HR systems
- Oversee the system reporting of all HR tools
- Lead the planning and deployment of system upgrades, including the scheduling of key activities and communicating of system downtime to appropriate parties
- Establish partnerships with third party vendors to ensure effective service delivery
- Develop and maintain awareness of HR data security and comply with policies and procedures
- Act in accordance with data security principles and enforce compliance in key areas, including system security and Safe Harbor
- Research and provide recommendations to leadership on new technologies that could be utilized to improve service center effectiveness and the customer experience
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members in order to achieve agreed upon service levels
- Oversee the interviewing and hiring of team members, encouraging diversity of background and experience
- Communicate frequently and effectively with team members, leaders, stakeholders, and clients, both formally and informally
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned
- Such other duties as may be required by business needs
|KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience required; a Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resource Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years' supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with HR Information Systems, including security and reporting tools; ADP Enterprise experience a plus
- Accomplished project management skills
- Extensive working knowledge of global ERP systems and/or SaaS tools (preferred)
- A successful history of developing innovative solutions and a problem-solving culture
- Ability to successfully collaborate and work across multiple functions and disciplines
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.