Join NORC at the University of Chicago as an Executive Assistant of our Finance, Accounting and Human Resources teams. Provide a broad range of administrative support to the senior-level leaders as they collaborate with NORC’s other executives and business units to execute initiatives and propel innovation strategies forward.
Take ownership of the administrative challenges associated with supporting a leadership team in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced research landscape. Leverage your experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, while demonstrating the ability to follow through in a timely manner, sometimes working under pressure. This is an opportunity to showcase your resourcefulness and efficiency, while exhibiting a high degree of professionalism. Quickly adjust based on changing priorities when necessary and proactively address administrative issues and needs.
Become part of a team of colleagues who look forward to coming to work every day. Bring energy and excitement to this critical role to add value through tenacity, smart work, critical thinking, and quality work products. Join a cohesive and motivated team that likes to have fun, and support one another’s long-term career development, all while doing great work.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.
|DEPARTMENT: FINANCE, ACCOUNTING AND HUMAN RESOURCES
The Finance and Accounting departments contribute to NORC’s financial success by supporting the research departments with skill and integrity. The Accounting department navigates complex government regulatory and accounting environments while ensuring that the day-to-day operations of NORC’s financial matters are conducted in a timely and efficient manner.
The NORC Human Resources Department supports NORC's mission, values, and guiding principles through collaboration with research, operations, and administrative departments to recruit, develop, and retain top staff. NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
It is the mission of the NORC Human Resource Department to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services.
- Coordinate complex scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare for business meetings, events, luncheons, and dinners involving both internal staff and external clients/partners including scheduling, material preparation, and logistics/technology needs (video conferencing, presentations, Zoom, etc.)
- Develop and design improved administrative procedures to promote the timely processing and submission of administrative deliverables
- Prepare and/or integrate information needed to compose both routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to support and facilitate the collaborative team environment
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Attend meetings, capture notes, and outline follow-up items
- Greet visiting clients, guests, and employees
- Independently perform varied administrative duties
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus a minimum of 5 years supporting senior or executive-level management
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating multiple projects at one time; willingness and ability to be flexible
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Polished demeanor and comfort working with staff at all levels in the organization
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining document management systems including using Share Point
- Excellent communication skills, including stellar interpersonal skills and basic writing skills
- A strong focus on detail, accuracy, and work quality with the ability to take full ownership of assigned tasks
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive and/or confidential material
- Interest and ability to work on a team in a highly collaborative environment, while also being comfortable working independently with little direct supervision
|WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
|WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.